Mushrooms are not only yummy but also they have several health benefits! They are low in calories and high in protein which is why they also help in weight management. Mushrooms also help to reduce blood glucose level and cholesterol level in the body. And since mushrooms are my all-time favorite, today I am sharing a very easy yet healthy soup made with mushroom here.
- 1 cup clean mushrooms – chopped roughly
- Onion – 1 finely chopped ( you can skip onion, but as I love onions, I have added it)
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- 1-2 tbsp corn flour
- Chopped spring onion ( I have used yard long beans finely chopped to use here)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 and half cup vegetable stock
- Crushed black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Melt a tbsp. of butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add chopped onions and spring onions and sorte.
- Add mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, for about 5-6 minutes.
- Season with salt and crushed black pepper, to taste.
- Mushrooms need a very little cooking so avoid overcooking and transfer it to a plate.
- Add rest of the butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Pour in the vegetable stock to the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and milk. Add in the cornstarch mixture to the pan and keep stirring to avoid any lumps.
- The texture should be creamy and without any lumps. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Whisk in the fresh cream. The soup should now be of a very creamy consistency.
- Stir in the cooked mushrooms at this stage ( you can puree some of the cooked mushrooms in a blender and add it to the soup to make the soup more thicker and creamier ) and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Now turn off the flame and your yummy mushroom cream soup is now ready to serve!