Cashew chicken is one of the easiest and simple to make chicken gravy recipes. It is really a versatile dish and can be served with different other dishes. So here I am sharing the easy healthy and taste recipe of cashew chicken.
Preparation time: 15 min
Marination: 1 hour
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
- Chicken – 250 g
- Butter – 2-3 tbsp
- Onion paste – 2 big onion
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – paste 2 tbsp
- Red chilli – 3-4
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Poppy seed – paste 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- You can add a pinch of turmeric but here I skipped it to keep the original buttery color of this dish.
- Take chicken pieces in a bowl and then add onion paste, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and keep the mixture marinade for around 1 hour.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat and then add butter to it.
- Add red chillies, cinnamon sticks and then add in the marinade chicken mixture to the pan.
- Now, add the cashew paste and poppy seeds paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add very little water to make a smooth gravy and add salt to taste. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and mixture has thickened slightly.
- You can also add fresh cream but I skipped this part to avoid extra calories!
- Now your butter chicken is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and roasted cashew.
- You can serve it with breads, roti, or steamed rice.