Sore throat is painful and gives you a lot of trouble. Whenever you are down with sore throat, simple day-to-day activities like speaking, eating your meals and drinking water turn into a matter of excruciating pain. Natural cures always come handy during such times. In fact, you can rely completely on natural gargles to offer you relief from this agonizing condition. Natural gargle recipes work wonders for treating sore throat when done properly and religiously.
Salt and turmeric recipe for sore throat:
Take a cup of warm water, one teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon turmeric powder. Salt water is effective in reducing inflammation and turmeric powder has antioxidant properties. This is perhaps the easiest of all natural gargle recipes. Gargle till you feel better. Try gargling several times a day.
Ginger and honey recipe for sore throat:
Grate organic ginger and simmer a tablespoon of the same in a cup of boiling water. Let it cool down a bit (or you will end up scathing and burning your mouth!) and when it is still warm, strain it. Now add to it a teaspoon of honey and use it for gargling. Honey is added because it has anti-bacterial properties and it protects your throat by coating it. It is best done every thirty minutes and your throat seems to be in a happier state.
Honey and ACV recipe for sore throat:
Add a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water. Gargle with this solution, at least 4 times a day.
Clove tea recipe for sore throat
Add two teaspoons of ground clove to a cup of warm water and gargle with it. Cloves have anti-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial properties that aid in soothing and healing your throat.
Cayenne pepper recipe for sore throat:
Add some powdered organic cayenne pepper to a cup of hot green tea. Gargle with it every 30 minutes to relieve the soreness that your throat has been experiencing.
Top five natural gargle tips
- The proportions of the ingredients may have to be played with. It may be slightly different for every individual and so, what suits you may not be suitable for your friend. So, play with the ratio of the components to find what suits you best.
- Refrain from eating or drinking anything for at least 30 minutes after you gargle.
- Wrap your neck area with a scarf while and after you gargle.
- Gargle with warm solution as many times as you can. Try gargling at least once in every two hours.
- Combine gargling with an intake of warm ginger tea, chamomile tea and hot lemonade with honey to reap better benefits.
Thus, treating your sore throat with these excellent natural gargle recipes is easy. Patience and dedication is the couple of things that you need!