Disinfecting your home is a crucial step to maintain good health. The dust, dirt and grime that must have filled the house have to be completely expelled if health is a concern for you. A natural disinfectant is what you need if germs and bacteria are your enemies. You get several products over the counters, however as per studies, 40% of cleansers and disinfectants that are sold in stores are not effective against germs and bacteria! Moreover the viruses responsible for causing food poisoning as well as stomach flu are eliminated only with bleach-based cleaners.
Deep Clean Your Home, Naturally
A truly clean home is that which is fresh and free of toxins, it should not have any chemical or artificial smell to it. Now let us know why we need to use natural disinfectant:-
Chemical disinfectants and cleansers are toxic: – They cause harmful side effects to the family. They do kill germs but not all sorts of germs. Some germs are left behind to adapt and mutate.
Immune system becomes weak: – By using more of chemical disinfectant you are indirectly weakening your immune system as it becomes hard for your system to adapt to stronger strains of bacteria.
Overuse of chemical disinfectant can lead to superbugs: Overuse of antibacterial disinfectant can cause superbugs that are resistant to antibiotics. Okay so now let us get to know the natural disinfectants:-
- Living room:- Instead of a chemical deodorizer, try baking soda, just sprinkle it and let it sit for about 30 minutes and then vacuum it up.
- Kitchen: – Disinfecting kitchen is very easy. All you need is vinegar and lemon juice. Take One cup of vinegar and add to three cups of water. This solution can be used to clean your windows, kitchen table etc. Next to clean the sinks, just take a slice of lemon and dip it in salt and scrub the kitchen sink properly. This will not only clean the dirt and leave it sparkling clean but also eliminate all the germs in it.
- Bathroom: – Take lemon essential oil and wipe the scum-covered shower doors with few drops of lemon essential oil twice a month. This one cleans the grime build-up completely. To clean the toilets, add 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil into 2 cups of water and spray around the inside rim and then let it sit for 30 minutes. Scrub it all well. You can make a mix of vinegar and water and clean the toilet with this as well in order to kill mould in showers and other damp places.
- Dining room: – To clean the wood furniture, take 2 cups of olive oil or vegetable oil and add juice of one lemon. Take a soft cloth and wipe the furniture’s with this solution. To clean dirty walls, take 1/2 cup of borax in 1 gallon hot water and spray this on the wall and wipe it off completely.
- Room: – You can mop the bedroom floor, window with the same vinegar and water solution. This will take care of the dirt build up completely.
- Kids’ Rooms: – The toys that kids use need to be disinfected so take them and wipe it with disinfecting spray which can be made with alcohol or vinegar.