There are plenty of ways to improve your eye health that includes getting enough sleep, healthy lifestyle and taking breaks from the computer laptops and books. The best way to improve your vision is through the meals you have. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E might help prevent age-related vision problems and help lead a good eye health. Here, we list eight meals that are sure to improve your overall eye health.
2. Fish: Foods like salmon, tuna, and sardines contains healthy omega-3 fatty acids which indirectly leads to better eyesight. If you’re not a fish fan, take fish oil pills for similar results. The omega-3 fat DHA provides structural support to cell membranes that boost eye health and protect retinal function.
3. Nuts: Just like fish omega-3s is also present in Almonds, cashews and peanuts. Though the percentage is not much, they’ve also been known to help in fighting disease like dry eyes and eye bug as you age. One handful provides about half of your daily dose of vitamin E.
4. Carrots: Start crunching on carrots. Beta carotenes are present in carrots, which is good for the retina and safeguards against sun burn. Dip carrots in peanut butter for a active, afternoon snack.
5. Green vegetables: Green veggies – such as collard greens, broccoli, spinach and kale are known to prevent loss of eyesight. They’re enriched with vitamins like vitamins A, B12, C and calcium. Eat as many leafy greens per day as possible and make sure not to overcook them as they can lose some of their valuable nutrients. Use fresh green vegetables in a salad, a side dish or simply blend it into fruit smoothies.
6. Eggs: One of the healthiest ways to start your day, protein-packed eggs to keep your eyesight in good state. Eggs also provide nutrients such as lutein, vitamin E, and omega 3s, in addition to other nutrients and vitamins.
7. Water: Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Water is also beneficial to your whole body. It is recommended to take up to 8 glasses of pure and clean water daily.
- Getting enough sleep is essential for eye health.
- If your eyes feel overly tired, lie down and place cooling cucumber slices over your eyelids.
- Rub your palms together to warm them and place them over your eyes and let your eyes relax.