Dandruff, also known as seborrheic dermatitis is a common scalp disorder. We all have dandruff since shedding off dead skin cells is a natural process, but visible flakes and itchiness may need some help! Dandruff may be triggered by excessive use of hair products, using conditioners on the scalp, dry weather, oily scalp, not washing hair often etc. Tea Tree Oil is one of the most beneficial oil that everybody should stock it up in their beauty kit. It is a natural antiseptic and is mostly found in skin care products as it has the ability to fight fungus.
Tea Tree Oil is one of the most beneficial oil that everybody should stock it up in their beauty kit. It is a natural antiseptic and is mostly found in skin care products as it has the ability to fight fungus, viruses, and bacteria. Below is how you could use tea tree oil for dandruff along with its benefits:
- Tea Tree Oil not only removes dandruff but also deals with redness and scalp acne.
- The tea tree oil fights the fungus that causes dandruff without drying out the scalp. It also serves as a natural conditioner and eliminates problems that lead the scalp to flake.
- Tea tree oil is also the anti-inflammatory oil that treats scalp soreness due to excessive dandruff and sweat.
- Tea tree oil mixed with peppermint oil has the dual action of cooling the scalp and treating dandruff.
- In a bowl, take 4-5 tablespoons of raw organic coconut oil. If the oil is solid, warm it a bit.
- Add in 3-4 drops of tea tree oil and 2-3 drops of peppermint oil.
- Apply this to your scalp and shampoo off after 2 hours.
Caution – patch test before use.