If you love makeup, you probably own a lot of makeup products and makeup tools. Out of all the makeup tools, makeup brushes are the one you use every time and they come in direct contact with your skin. Keeping the brushes clean is important or you may suffer from acne and other skin problems. Makeup brushes carry bacteria and using dirty brushes can probably transfer it to your skin and you may get clogged pores and acne. You do get a lot of brush cleaners in the market but why spend when you can make one yourself using simple ingredients?
- Easy and quick to make
- Works just like commercial cleaners
- The makeup brush cleaner not only cleanses the bristles but also keep them soft.
- Coconut oil is perfect for cleaning the oil-based makeup from your beauty brushes.
- Coconut oil not only deep cleans the brushes but also conditions the bristles of the brushes.
Things you need:
- wide-mouthed bowl so that all the brushes fit in,
- 2 parts antibacterial soap and
- 1 part coconut oil.
- You can also add in essential oils of your choice so that your makeup brushes smell great; besides essential oils have antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
In a wide mouthed bowl, add water so that all brushes can be dipped in it. I added 2 cups of water. Now, add in 2 parts of antiseptic liquid cleanser followed by 1 part of coconut oil. I have used 2 tablespoons of antiseptic liquid soap and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add in few drops of essential oil like lavender or tea tree oil. Give the solution a good stir to mix everything well.
Once everything is well incorporated, dip in the bristle side of all your makeup brushes and let it soak for good 2-3 hours. After soaking, take out the brushes and change the water. Again dip the brushes in clean water and massage the bristles gently in the water itself. Finally, rinse the brushes under running tap water, wipe it with a dry towel and leave it to dry overnight.