Are you a patient of chronic arthritis? Did the flu-season ‘gift’ you a sore throat? Or, maybe you are just feeling a bit extra achy today. All you need to do is make this super healing ginger turmeric tea and sip it. This is a magical Ayurvedic formula, which can fight against all your inflammatory diseases and give you relief from pain. Do give it a try:
- Fresh turmeric – 2” long root
- Fresh ginger – 2” long root
- Pure raw honey – 2 teaspoons
- Boiled milk – 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper powder – (1/2) teaspoon
- Water – 1 large cup
- Wash the fresh turmeric and ginger roots and peel them off.
- Grate them finely one by one. It should yield (1/2) teaspoon of each of the ingredients.
- Pour the water into a small saucepan and place it over medium-high flame. Let it come to a boil.
- Add grated turmeric and ginger to the boiling water and stir with a spoon for 1-2 seconds.
- Lower the heat and allow the concoction to boil in simmer for next 10 to 15 minutes. Do not forget to cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Turn the heat off and pour boiled milk into the tea infusion. Stir for a minute and then, strain it into a cup.
- Add honey to the tea infusion ad mix well.
- Finally, sprinkle the black pepper powder over it and serve.
- Ginger and turmeric contain anti-inflammatory ingredients gingerols and curcumin respectively, which play a key role in curing aching muscle, relieving chronic arthritic pain and healing joint pain. So, drinking this tea can soothe your inflamed muscles and improve your rheumatic (rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, etc.) conditions, thereby reducing swelling and facilitating movements.
- Being anti-inflammatory agent, both ginger and turmeric can keep your gastrointestinal system healthy by making digestion easier and lowering intestinal gas. Therefore, you can stay away from various gastrointestinal issues including gastric ulcer, ulcerative colitis, and so on.
- It has also been found that both ginger and turmeric are highly effective in treating inflammation of our respiratory system. So, you can also keep cold, cough and flue at bay as well as get rid of sore throat by having this tea regularly.
** Word of Caution ** – If you have bleeding disorder or pregnancy, do not drink ginger-turmeric tea without consulting with your doctor.