The best way to treat strech marks is to keep your skin healthy and hydrated to improve its elasticity. Using coconut oil is perhaps the best natural way to keep your skin moisturized. Coconut oil is good for your skin as well as your overall health due to its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-microbial properties.
Benefits of coconut oil massage for stretch marks:
- Coconut oil works as a powerful moisturizer for all skin types and even help a lot to delay the formation of aging signs like wrinkles and sagging of skin.
- The healthful saturated fats in coconut oil will make the cell walls strong and its antioxidant properties fight free radicals.
- Unique properties of coconut oil will help heal, soothe, clarify and moisturize the skin during your pregnancy.
While exfoliating is one of the ways to prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks, you can also moisturize and hydrate the area by massaging the stretch marks with coconut oil to improve skin elasticity. Coconut Oil helps aid in the prevention of stretch marks as well as treat them effectively.
Dry brushing is great for your skin in many ways. It exfoliates the skin, opening the pores and removing the buildup of dead skin cells and dirt. Start by dry brushing or exfoliate with a homemade scrub using brown sugar and honey to exfoliate the stretch marks. Massage the scrub on your stretch marks and rub gently for about 5 – 10 mins.
Coconut Oil Stretch Marks Oil:
Coconut oil will help heal, soothe, clarify and moisturize the skin naturally to prevent and reduce stretch marks.
- Warm organic coconut oil using a double boiler and rub it into the affected area as a massage oil.
- Massage the oil into the skin in circular motion to help prevent and diminish stretch marks for about 5-10 mins or overnight.
- To wipe the oil, rinse a washcloth well in hot, running water. Hold the washcloth on the affected area until the wash cloth cools down.
COCONUT OIL+ LEMON JUICE
Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps heal and reduce stretch marks, acne, and other scars. Cut lemon into half and dip it in coconut oil. Rub the oil using lemon in circular motions for 10 minutes and wash off after 5 minutes.