Macaroni is a variety of dry pasta without eggs and pone of my favorite all-time recipe too. If you have kids around in the house then I’m sure they love macroni and even if you are adult, Macaroni is good choice because it’s a quick and tasty meal. You know what I use “whole wheat macaroni” which is easily available in any local; shop because it’s a good source of vitamins and minerals. So, if you are health-conscious then you can give your diet a cheat by using Whole wheat macroni.
I make this creamy macaroni quite often and this time I thought of sharing this recipe with you all. It’s super easy to make, you just need 20 minutes of your life. If you are someone like me who loves extra cheesy and creamy food then this recipe is surely for you.
Let’s begin with ingredients:
- Macaroni – 500gms
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- 1 onion- finely chopped
- 1 tomato-finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cream – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 tbsp. grated cheese
- Step one: Heat sufficient water in a non-stick deep pan, add a little salt and Macaroni into it. Also add half tablespoon of oil so that the macroni don’t stick to each other.
- Step two: Boil the macaroni till it gets soft, you can test by cutting with fork. Once it is soft, drain quickly and then add cold water to refresh it.
- Step three: Add butter to a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, sliced onion and tomatoes into it.
- Step four: Now add in red chili powder, pepper powder and salt as per taste into the pan and stir well.
- Step five: Mix half cup of milk and cream. Reduce the heat when the milk starts boiling to avoid it from burning.
- Step Six: Now add the boiled Macaroni into it and mix well both constantly that no lumps are formed. Keep stirring until the macaroni is tender. Don’t let the liquid evaporate completely, you can add more milk if required.
- Step Seven: Saute everything together for few minutes and remove the pan from heat. Transfer the mixture into serving bowl and add grated cheese on top for garnishing.
Tadaa… tasty Macaroni is ready, serve it hot and I’m sure you’ll love it.