Pomegranate tea is a tasty way to receive the health benefits of this unique fruit. Not only is it easy to make, but also is a treat for your taste buds!
Here are the top benefits of this great tasting DIY Pomegranate Tea:
- Punicalagins are extremely powerful antioxidants found in pomegranate. They are so powerful that pomegranate juice has been found to have three times the antioxidant activity of red wine and green tea.
- Pomegranates contain punicalagins and punicic acid, unique substances that are responsible for most of their health benefits.
- The pomegranate is a fruit that contains hundreds of edible seeds called arils. They are rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals and bioactive plant compounds, but they also contain some sugar.
- The punicalagins in pomegranate juice have been shown to reduce inflammation, one of the leading drivers of many killer diseases.
- There is preliminary evidence that pomegranate juice can be useful in men with prostate cancer, potentially inhibiting cancer growth and lowering the risk of death and may also help prevent breast cancer.
- You may also include pomegranate peel while boiling it to make tea. The astringent property of its peel is very helpful in diseases like diarrhoea, bleeding and dysentery. Pomegranate peel is also used in case of intestinal inflammation, piles and haemorrhoids.
Here is a recipe for DIY Pomegranate Tea – Things you need:
- 1 cup pre-brewed green tea
- Pomegranate seeds with rind
- Few drops lemon juice
- Chill pre-brewed green tea in the fridge
- Meanwhile, crush pomegranate seeds (no need to separate seeds from pomegranate as seeds and rind both contain essential nutrients) with the help of mortar pestle
- Strain the juice and combine it with chilled green tea
- Add few drops lemon juice
- Consume and enjoy!
Note: Tea can be consumed both hot and chilled.