Greying of hair is often a concern for people in their 20s or 30s as it can make them look much older than they are. As we grow old, premature greying hair comes into picture and you need to work on it before it even starts! There are a lot of ayurvedic treatments you can follow at home in order to postpone greying of hair and/or keep them healthy and of their original colour for longer. The problem can be caused by factors like a genetic predisposition, poor nutrition, hormonal fluctuations, smoking, pollution, stress, etc. Below is how you could make your very own ayurvedic oil for grey hair along with its benefits:
- A combination of curry leaves and coconut oil is excellent for a variety of hair problems including premature graying, dull hair, and hair loss.
- Curry leaves help increase darker pigmentation in your hair and also hide the greys.
- Curry leaves when combined with coconut oil works as a great hair tonic.
- Besides making your hair darker naturally, this mask will strengthen and condition your lustrous locks.
- Coconut oil moisturizes your hair, stimulates hair growth, fights infections, and adds luster to your hair.
- Regular use of this mask for a prolonged time, also helps reverse gray hair because it is packed with antioxidants.
RECIPE FOR DIY HOMEMADE OIL FOR GREY HAIR:
Things you need:
- 1 cup raw and organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 5-6 curry leaves
- In a bowl, take 1 cup or extra virgin pure coconut oil.
- To it, add 5-6 curry leaves.
- Now, boil this oil until curry leaves change colour and the oil becomes light yellow.
- Strain and your oil for grey hair is ready!
- Store the oil in a bottle and use as and when required.
- Use it few hours before shampooing or keep it overnight.