Body detoxification is quite well-known but there is very less talked about skin detoxification. Skin is highly susceptible to toxins and pollutants as it is the exposed portion of the human body and regular skin detoxification is necessary to keep it radiant and healthy for long. There are many skin detoxing products available in the market or treatments available at the salon that can literally burn a hole in your pocket; not to forget they seldom work. Below is an easy, effective and interesting green tea and oatmeal skin detox face mask recipe along with its benefits:
- The mask nourishes, revitalizes and softens the skin
- Prevents wrinkles and fine lines
- Detoxifies and calms the skin, giving you a radiant glow.
- Firms and tights Skin
- Green tea adds a glow to your skin and cleanses pores.
- Oatmeal calms down any skin irritation, redness etc. and makes skin soft.
- The mask when you apply is quite warm which helps open the pores and as it cools down on the skin, it tightens pores along with cleansing it.
READ MORE – Essential Oil Hair Growth Spray
Things you need:
- 1 cup brewed green tea
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats or oats flour
- 2 tablespoons of agar agar
Brew 1 cup of strong green tea and strain it. Add 2 tablespoons of rolled oats or oats flour to it and mix it well.
Now, add in 2 heaping tablespoons of agar agar powder and stir. Now, you need to heat the mixture until it becomes translucent and starts bubbling and foaming. This might take a few minutes.
Let the mixture cool down a bit; make sure it is still warm and the temperature is bearable while you begin applying. Do not entirely cool the mixture as it will thicken quickly.
Apply a thick layer of this mask on cleansed skin including lips. Let it dry for 20 minutes and remove it. Rinse your face, pat dry and follow up with a moisturizer. READ MORE – TURMERIC FACE AND BODY CREAM to brighten skin and purify skin
Tip: Apply a thick layer so that it comes off in one go.