This is a perfect recipe for those who don’t love to eat veggies. Also, you can serve these to your guests as it is a really yummy looking, healthy and tasty dish. Your kids are just going to love this. I have used mixed vegetables to fill the canapes. You can use chicken along with the vegetables as well. So let’s get started.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Bread slices: 6 slices for 3 canapes
Butter: 1 tbsp.
Carrot: finely chopped or grated, 1/2 cup
Capsicum: finely chopped, 1/2 cup
Cabbage: finely chopped, 1/2 cup
Onion: finely chopped, 1/2 cup
Grated cheese: 1/2 cup
Green chillies: optional, chopped, 1 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp.
Pepper powder: 1 pinch
Turmeric: 1 pinch
Salt: to taste
To make the vegetable filling –
- Add 2 tbsp. oil in a pan and allow the oil to heat on flame.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ginger garlic paste to the pan and keep stirring.
- Add chopped onions to it. If you are using chopped chillies, add it to the pan.
- When the onions become translucent, add chopped capsicum and grated carrots to the pan.
- Allow them to cook a little and then add the chopped cabbage.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and salt. Mix them well with the vegetables.
- Add a pinch of pepper powder to it. You can also add red chilli powder if you love spicy foods.
- When the vegetables are cooked well, remove them from the heat and pour them into a bowl and keep aside.
To make the canapes –
- Now to make the canapes, take the bread slices and cut into round shapes.
- Now keep 3 of the round pieces aside. They will be used as the base of the canapes and cut other three pieces with a small cookie cutter (anything with a smaller diameter from the pieces) to make cavities in them. Follow the picture and you will get a clear idea.
- Now apply butter on the bases and place the hollow pieces on the base.
- Now you can place a layer of cheese on the butter to make it tastier or you can simply start filling the cavity with mixed vegetables.
- Add grated cheese on the top of the mixed vegetables.
- Now brush little oil to the side of the bread to grease them.
- Preheat the microwave oven and meanwhile grease a baking tray and place the canapes on the tray.
- Now bake the canapes in preheated oven for 10 minutes. The bread will be crispy and it will have a nice bite with the softness of melted cheese.
Try this recipe once. You will love them !!