Crispy fried onion rings go very well with tea and you can make them very easily at home. It just takes few minutes to be cooked and here is the recipe.
- 2 medium to large sized onion: cut into slices (slices shouldn’t be very thin)
- All-purpose flour: 1/4 cup
- Corn flour: 1/4 cup
- Bread crumbs: 2tbsp.
- Baking soda: 1/2tsp.
- Garlic powder: 1tsp.
- Beaten yogurt: 1/2 cup
- Red chili powder: to taste
- Salt: to taste
- Oil for frying
- Clean and peel off the outer layers of the onions and cut them into slices. The slices shouldn’t be very thin and evenly sliced.
- Then separate each layer of the onion from the slices carefully. Make sure the ring shape doesn’t break during separation.
- Now take a bowl and add 1/4 cup flour to it.
- Also, add the corn flour and bread crumbs into that bowl. Bread crumbs give a nice texture to the fires.
- Add 1/2 tsp. baking soda. Baking soda helps to make the fries crispier.
- Add red chili powder, followed by garlic powder.
- Lastly, add beaten yogurt to the bowl.
- Add salt to taste to the mixture.
- Now mix all the ingredients in the bowl properly adding some water.
- To coat the onions thoroughly you will need a batter like texture of the mixture.
- In the meantime, pour some oil in a frying pan and allow it to heat.
- Now place the onions one by one into the bowl and coat them properly. Then fry the rings till they become golden brown.
- Place them on a paper tissue to remove excess oil and now your crispy fried onion rings are ready.
Serve it with some sweet and sour ketchup.