Butter chicken is one of the most loved Indian recipes and if you are on a keto diet, you might not consider making this/having this due to high content of onions, yogurt and cashews. It is possible to make butter chicken without the additional carbs and below is an easy keto butter chicken recipe you need to try today! Read more about keto diet here >>
Things You Need:
For chicken marination-
- 1 teaspoon salt (you have to add in more later)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
For the actual recipe-
- 500 grams diced chicken
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cream (or more if you like)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- Salt (as per taste requirements)
How To Make:
- In a bowl, take 500 grams of diced and thoroughly washed chicken.
- Add in all the spices one after the other and give the chicken a very good mix. Make sure that the chicken is well coated with the spices.
- let the chicken marinate for about an hour or so.
- Heat some coconut oil and butter in a pan. If you do not like coconut-oil flavor, you can add in just butter.
- Add in onions and garlic powder and cook until translucent.
- Add in marinated chicken and let it partially cook. Keep stirring while you cook the chicken.
- Add in fresh cream and tomato paste and give it a good mix. Put a lid on it and let it simmer for good 10-15 minutes.
- Take off the lid and cook until the gravy thickens. Add in salt if required.
- Serve hot! Garnish with some kasuri methi/chopped coriander and few cashews if you like.
Note: If you are not on a keto diet, you can have this with roti or naan. It tastes great with keto cauliflower rice; I like to have it as it is!