Ayurveda has remedies for everything! One such ayurvedic ingredient- ginger is a great healing agent. Ginger is beneficial for a number of ailments and health issues and can be used to fix health problems. It also helps in boosting immunity that keeps infections and diseases at bay. Ginger syrup is a great way to keep ginger handy (you never know when you might need it!) and can be used in many ways for health and in food! Below is a recipe for ginger syrup you need to make today!
RECIPE FOR GINGER SYRUP:
Things you need-
- ½ cup sliced ginger
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
Place a saucepan on medium heat and add in water. Add in ginger slices and sugar.
Add whole cloves and keep a lid on the saucepan with one side open. Let it simmer for 1 hour.
Turn off the flame and strain the liquid. Store this in a bottle and your ginger syrup is ready! Keep it refrigerated.
READ MORE – GINGER HAIR SPRAY FOR DANDRUFF AND HAIR GROWTH
WAYS TO USE GINGER SYRUP:
- You can add a teaspoon or so of this syrup in hot water and have it to soothe a sore throat.
- Have a teaspoon straight if you have cough and cold.
- Can be added as a sweetener in juices and detox waters.
- Use it as a pancake syrup.
- Add a teaspoon in hot milk to get relief from itchy throat and to boost immunity when weather changes.