A typical South Indian coconut chutney is loved by all! Not only does it taste great with dosa, but you can also have it any other flatbread. If you love chutneys, below is an easy recipe for coconut chutney that you need to try-
Things You Will Need:
- Grated fresh coconut: 1 cup
- Green chillies: 2
- Almonds: 4-5
- Curry leaves: 4-5
- Chana dal (split chickpeas): 1 tsp. , soaked in water for some time.
- Oil: 1 tbsp.
- Red chilies: 1-2
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
- Curry leaves: 3-4
- Chana dal (split chickpeas): 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
How To Make:
- To make the paste, pour the freshly grated coconut in the mixer grinder along with other ingredients mentioned above.
- Add little water and blend it well. Put the paste in a bowl.
- Now for seasoning, heat some oil in a pan and add in mustard seeds, red chilies, curry leaves and chana dal.
- Once properly fried, pour the mixture along with oil over the prepared coconut paste.
- Add some salt according to taste and roughly mix.
- Your coconut chutney is ready!