The edible tomato considered as both fruit and vegetable is one of the widely used staple in all dishes worldwide. Apart from food, whenever a beauty compliment is given tomatoes are usually to compare with. The bright juicy vegetable is beneficial in enhancing beauty. Exfoliating skin with tomatoes is effective in promoting healthy skin, cost efficient and is as simple and ready as a child’s play.
You require just two ingredients from your kitchen cabinet.
- Grounded sugar
- Clean and wash tomato, and slice them thin.
- Dip the tomato slice in a tray of sugar where all the sugar granules sit on the vegetable slice.
- Now rub the sugar dipped tomato slice to your face and neck in circular motions. Let the process be carried slowly and mildly without harming your skin. Continue exfoliating for 10 minutes and wash out your face with plain water.
- Another way of preparing tomato sugar scrub is to blend tomatoes to a fine puree. Add a descent amount of sugar to the puree and stir them well. The rest is the scrub with the prepared paste and rinse away after drying.
- Moisturising skin not required as tomato has high water content that hydrates skin.
Benefits of Tomato sugar scrub:
- Tomato sugar scrub is a perfect remedy for clearing dead cells and tanned skin that makes you look dull and aged. It skims all the damaged skin making skin fresh and smooth.
- Along with removing dead cells, tomato scrub is the best facial scrub for relaxing and comforting your skin treating all skin problems.
- The high level of lycopene in the tomatoes making it bright red helps in improving skin complexion, act as sunscreen and brightening the dull skin. It helps delay ageing by aiding skin to absorb oxygen. Vitamin C, vitamin A and rich antioxidants shrinks the pore size cleansing them greatly thus preventing acne. The citrus content makes it a natural bleaching agent which glows up, evens the skin colour making soft to touch.
- Sugar is the main scrubbing agent here. It helps in scrubbing the dead cells, cleanses and rejuvenates new skin cells.
- You can add tomato juice to any facial masks to recover and enhance lost beauty.