DIY HOMEMADE BATH OIL RECIPES FOR SMOOTHER, HEALTHY SKIN
Moisturization has taken another level with reverse hair washing, double cleansing and now bath oils! All the three cleansing methods have one thing in common- to moisturize first ad cleanse after wards. By doing this, you add moisture to your skin and with massaging your skin absorb the oil and blood circulation increases and when you wash it off with soap, the moisture still remains cleaning off the oil residue. Here are some benefits of using bath oils:
– Moisturizes skin from within.
– Oils get absorbed because of massaging and provide elasticity to the skin.
– Massaging facilitates blood flow and increases blood circulation to the area.
– Can soothe muscle aches and sore muscles.
-Good for after-workout soreness.
– Essential oils can be used according to specific needs.
SOOTHING BATH OIL
To make this soothing bath oil, you need 1 cup olive oil, 2 cups almond oil, few drops rose oil (optional) and ½ cup wheat germ oil.
Combine all the oils in a bowl and mix well. Pour the oil in a bottle or jar and store at room temperature.
FRAGRANT BATH OIL
To make this fragrant bath oil, you need few jasmine flowers and coconut oil as per needs.
Crush the jasmine flowers and add them in a grinder. Add little coconut oil in it and blend. Keep blending until all the flowers are crushed to paste. Add more coconut oil until you get enough of the extract. Strain the jasmine oil using muslin cloth and squeeze out every drop of oil. The last drops which you squeeze contains the concentrated jasmine oil from flowers. Store this oil in an amber coloured bottle and use it as and when required.
HEALING BATH OIL
To make this home made healing bath oil, you need few neem leaves, coconut oil and few drops neem essential oil.
Crush few neem leaves and add them in a cup of coconut oil. Put the oil on low flame and let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Put off the flame and strain the neem oil you just made. Let it cool down a bit. Once it gets to room temperature, add few drops of neem essential oil to it. this oil is beneficial for body acne, especially backne.
RELAXING BATH OIL
To make this relaxing bath oil, you need 1 cup of carrier oil of your choice, maybe coconut or olive oil, 10 drops lavender essential oil, 5-6 drops frankincense essential oil and 1 drop cedarwood essential oil.
Combine all the oils in a bowl and mix well. Pour the oil in an amber bottle or jar and store at room temperature.
DIRECTIONS FOR USING BATH OILS:
– Take some oil on your palms and apply it all over your body before bathing. Follow with a massage. This method is best done after dry brushing.
– You may also add ½ cup of the bath oil in your bath tub and soak in it for 20 minutes.
– If you have dry skin, you can use the bath oil as a moisturizer. After shower, apply some oil directly over wet skin and massage until the oil is no more and the water dries.