Castor oil is a ‘wonder oil’ that has numerous benefits associated with it. Castor oil, which has been in use for hundreds of years for its anti-bacterial properties and anti-inflammatory properties, is known for its therapeutic benefits. In fact, castor oil is used extensively in soaps, massage oils, cosmetics and medicines. Investing in a bottle of castor oil can be rewarding. Keep reading to know how to use castor oil easily to reap maximum benefits.
Top Three Uses And Benefits Of Castor Oil
To treat skin problems in a jiffy:
Are you losing your sleep over skin problems like acne, sunburn, stretch marks, yeast infections, fungal infections and warts? All you need to do is to dip a cotton ball in castor oil and apply it on the affected area. After an hour, wash it off. Do it daily, once in the morning and once at night. Your skin problems would soon be no problems at all! Applying castor oil at bedtime regularly is known to bring about significant reduction in the appearance of acne and helps in delaying the manifestation of fine lines and wrinkles.
It helps in fading away scars to give you smooth and clear skin. It is an excellent moisturizer that helps in doing away with dryness of skin. Just massage your skin with a few drops of castor oil at night and welcome your mornings with a glow on your face. So, castor oil is a must-have if you want flawless and beautiful skin.
To treat hair problems right away:
Are you suffering from hair breakage, split ends, dryness, itchy scalp and hair loss? Well, castor oil is your one-stop solution! Castor oil, which is a storehouse of omega-6 essential fatty acids, is the secret behind healthy, lustrous locks. Apply castor oil on your scalp and hair every night before retiring to bed. It is best mixed with coconut oil or almond oil in equal proportions. Not only does it help in moisturizing and nourishing your hair, but it also treats scalp infection and relieves scalp problems of every kind.
To treat your eyes and eyelashes:
If your eyes feel tired and look dull, apply castor oil around your eyes, preferably at bedtime. The area around your eyes would be soothed and puffiness will be reduced. Regular usage also ensures that you don’t get wrinkles and fine lines under your eyes.
Rubbing castor oil on your eyebrows and eyelashes every night helps in stimulating growth and keeping them healthy. However, be careful and make sure it doesn’t get inside your eyes.
Top Five Home Remedies With Castor Oil
- Relieve constipation by consuming a teaspoon of pure castor oil (cold pressed), once in a day for three days consecutively.
- Massage your muscles with castor oil to get instant relief from soreness.
- Rubbing castor oil on your lips, once in a while, would prevent chapped lips.
- To get rid of moles and cysts, apply castor oil with a pinch of baking soda on the infected area is known to give the desired result. In fact, topical application of castor oil also solves the problem of cysts and corns by dissolving them.
- Castor oil is a great remedy for treating the pain caused by arthritis. A castor oil massage can provide relief from the joint and tissue pain.
- Massage the oil into your skin, twice a day, when you are pregnant and it will help prevent the stretch marks from forming.
Thus, the uses and benefits of castor oil are many and varied. Keeping a bottle of castor oil handy is worthwhile and useful.