Oily skin is associated with greasiness, dull appearance, pimples and acne. If you have oily skin, you can go to any extent to prevent that greasy layer that forms on the surface of the skin, no matter how many times you splash your face with water and cleanse it with oil-free cleansers. Out of all the home remedies and treatments that you must have tried, have you ever considered tea to treat your oily skin? While green tea is the talk of the town for promoting spotless skin and gorgeous hair, the truth is that black tea is certainly no less. The use of black tea in the world of beauty is often undermined. However, black tea is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals that promote beautiful skin naturally. Keep reading to know how you can use black tea to treat oily skin effectively.
BENEFITS OF BLACK TEA FOR SKIN
- It contains vitamins like Vitamin B2, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- It contains minerals like zinc, potassium and magnesium.
- The polyphenols contained in black tea are antioxidants to help neutralize harmful free radicals.
- Black tea has anti-aging properties that promote younger looking skin.
- It is helpful in treating oily skin while imparting natural glow.
HOW TO MAKE BLACK TEA FACE COMPRESS FOR OILY SKIN
Things you need:
- Hot water
- Black tea leaves- 1 teaspoon
- Tea tree oil- 4 to 5 drops
- Put a teaspoon of black tea leaves in a mug of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a strainer to remove the tea leaves.
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil to the liquid and stir well.
- Dunk a soft face cloth into the black tea and wring to do away with the excess water.
- Compress your face with it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and follow up with a non-comedogenic moisturizer.
- Do this treatment twice every week, preferably once after every 3 to 4 days. This will help reduce open pores, prevent pimples, soothe irritated skin and make your skin firm.
Go for patch test before you use tea tree oil.