Oily skin is associated with greasiness, dull appearance, pimples and acne. If you have oily skin, you can go to any extent to prevent that greasy layer that forms on the surface of the skin, no matter how many times you splash your face with water and cleanse it with oil-free cleansers. Out of all the home remedies and treatments that you must have tried, have you ever considered tea to treat your oily skin? While green tea is the talk of the town for promoting spotless skin and gorgeous hair, the truth is that black tea is certainly no less. The use of black tea in the world of beauty is often undermined. However, black tea is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals that promote beautiful skin naturally. Keep reading to know how you can use black tea to treat oily skin effectively.
BENEFITS OF BLACK TEA FOR SKIN
- It contains vitamins like Vitamin B2, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- It contains minerals like zinc, potassium and magnesium.
- The polyphenols contained in black tea are antioxidants to help neutralize harmful free radicals.
- Black tea has anti-aging properties that promote younger looking skin.
- It is helpful in treating oily skin while imparting natural glow.
HOW TO MAKE BLACK TEA FACE TONER FOR OILY SKIN
Things you need:
- 1 cup per-brewed black tea
- Tea tree oil- 4 to 5 drops
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- Put a teaspoon of black tea leaves in a mug of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a strainer to remove the tea leaves and chill it.
- you can also make regular black tea with loose green tea leaves and chill it before using.
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil and 1 teaspoon witch hazel to the liquid and stir well.
- Pour the mixture in a bottle and your toner is ready!
- To use, grab a cotton pad and soak it with the toner and wipe your face and neck with it. Let it air dry and follow up with your regular skin care routine.
- Use the toner twice a day and store it in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Go for patch test before you use tea tree oil.