Bhature or Indian fluffy flatbread is a perfect accompaniment to Indian meals! Just like the usual breads, this too can be used to make rolls and wraps, but tastes great when consumed the traditional way with Indian veggies and daal. Bhature are quite easily prepared provided you have the right ingredients. Read on to know how to make this:
Things You Will Need:
- Refined flour: 2 cup
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar: 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil: 2 tbsp.
- Curd: 1/3 cup
- Yeast: 1/2 tsp, optional (Yeast is used to make the Bhature fluffier;It wouldn’t make a difference in taste)
- Oil for frying
How To Make:
- Take a big bowl and add the refined flour to it.
- Add all the other ingredients one after the other.
- Start adding warm water little by little, kneading simultaneously. Once the dough looks ready, add little oil and knead for some more time.
- Apply oil to the dough surface (so that it remains soft) and keep it covered for 2-3 hours. The dough rises while you keep it covered.
- Take small portions of the dough and make round balls.
- Roll the balls using a rolling pin making sure they aren’t very thin but moderately thick. That way, they remain fluffier.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry one by one until they are golden-brown in color and serve them hot!