Dry, damaged hair needs some serious TLC. Check out this miracle worker that will give you that gorgeous healthy hair.
A hot oil treatment, moisturizes and conditions the hair to make it healthy. It helps to restore shine to dry, dull hair and treat damaged hair. The treatment will reduce hair fall and stimulate the scalp for a faster hair growth.
How it works:
Chose a hair oil that is best for your hair type. The natural oils that are popular for hot oil treatments are coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, and jojoba oil that penetrate the shaft of the hair. Once a week, heat the oil by placing the oil bottle or a bowl of oil in some hot water to heat it up slightly.
How to use it
- Part your hair into sections.
- Apply the oil to the scalp and gently massage for few mins.
- Slater the oil to the rest of the hair.
- Tie your hair into a bun and cover with a shower cap for 30mins to restore shine and softness.
- After 30mins, shampoo the oil out of your hair. If necessary, double shampoo to remove all traces of oil.
Herbs for hot oil treatment
Herbs are natural hair treatments that work to give you healthy hair and stimulate hair growth. Herbs like rosemary, chamomile, lavender, sage or horsetail are best to use in a hot oil treatments. Use a double boiler to steep 2-3 tablespoons of dried herbs in 1/2 cup of oil on low flame for half an hour, strain the herbs and pour it in a container to use as a hair treatment.
Essential oils for hot oil treatment
Add few drops of essential oils like lavender oil, rosemary oil along with the carrier oil to reverse any hair damage and strengthen hair.