Liquorice root has been found to have anti-inflammatory and demulcent agents that can reduce the symptoms of eczema and other skin disorders. Topical application of liquorice root extract can help in treating psoriasis, rashes, dry skin, itchy skin, and other skin disorders. Another well-known property of licorice root is skin brightening and lightening. Here we are with a recipe for skin brightening water you should try if you have licorice handy-
- Licorice not only brightens your skin but also adds a nice and healthy glow to it.
- Licorice blocks melanin production to prevent the formation of hyper-pigmentation.
- Regular usage or licorice water on skin leaves the skin brighter, hydrated and clearer.
- Licorice water can be used as a sunscreen to safeguard the skin from harmful sun rays that cause sunburn and tan. Licorice water can be sprayed on face and body (like face and body mist) before stepping out of the house. Licorice can also be used to heal sunburn.
RECIPE FOR SKIN BRIGHTENING WATER:
Things you need-
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons licorice powder
In a jar, add hot water and licorice powder. Stir.
Keep it infused for 3-4 hours and strain.
You can add in licorice root and keep it infused if you want.
To use, use it as a toner, facial mist, in face masks, as makeup setting spray etc to brighten your skin and add a healthy glow. READ MORE – NATURAL & ORGANIC TURMERIC SOAP RECIPE
- People who are allergic to licorice root may have trouble breathing; develop rashes, itchy skin, nausea, and vertigo. As licorice is a member of the pea family, persons who are allergic to licorice may also have a reaction to legumes, beans, and peas.