Eucalyptus oil has many benefits and most of us are aware of it too as we have known its use from a long time. Be it to beat the cold or for headache however the new thing to know about eucalyptus oil however could be its many other uses for skin, hair and health. Let us learn some of its uses that probably we were not aware of. Eucalyptus oil is got from the dried leaves of the eucalyptus tree. They are basically sweet scented leaves which are subjected to steaming and then distilled to make the oil. The oil is colorless but has a strong scent which is sweet and woody.
Skin benefits of eucalyptus oil are as follows:-
- Aromatherapy: Eucalyptus oil is a favorite oil when it comes to aromatherapy. Inhaling the oil relaxes the mind and body wholly. The aroma of the sweet scented oil calms the mind completely. All you got to do is add a few drops of essential oil to the hot water and take bath with it or even hot steam would do the job well.
- Healing: Eucalyptus oil is largely used for first aid purpose too as it is loaded with healing properties. It is used to treat cuts, burns, wounds, bruises as well as blisters. This oil can also be used in the treatment of insect bites and cuts.
- Soft skin: Mix some drops of eucalyptus oil along with sweet almond oil or coconut oil and massage it into the skin. This will make the skin softer.
- Treat measles: Eucalyptus oil can be used to treat measles too. Simply massage the reflex points of your feet with it or you can also spray it throughout the home.
- Hair growth: Eucalyptus oil enhances the thickness, shine as well as overall health of the hair. Eucalyptus oil should be applied to hair before bathing and should keft on just for an hour. Follow it with a good shampoo as well as a conditioner.
- Stimulate the roots: Take eucalyptus oil about 5 ml and mix 50 ml of olive oil in it. Mix the eucalyptus and olive oil and then gently and massage it on the scalp in order to stimulate the blood flow into the hair roots.
- For itchy scalp: Take vinegar about 50 ml, 1 litre water and 5 ml of eucalyptus oil and mix it well. Rinse the hair with this solution many times so that it goes deep into the scalp. Shampoo and condition the hair following that.
- For lice: Eucalyptus oil is very good to treat lice and controlling the lice. You can take a steam for your hair in order to control the issues.
- To control dryness: If you have a dry scalp you can mix eucalyptus oil with vinegar and massage this mixture on the scalp. This will make sure the dryness of the scalp is in control.
Caution: Eucalyptus oil should not be taken internally. The topical use of the oil is not suitable for babies, children, pregnant or breastfeeding women, or allergic people. Caution is advised with eucalyptus inhalations as they can irritate the eyes, mucous membranes and skin.