If you regularly shave, you definitely know the pain of after-shave bumps. Not only do they look ugly, but also can cause a bit of inflammation and leave behind textured skin. If not treated or prevented, it can also cause ingrown hair which is the main reason why bumps re-appear few days after shaving. Be it an after-shave bump or a bump caused by ingrown hair, here is a simply overnight treatment that can keep razor-bumps away:
Ale vera gel- Aloe vera gel has skin soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It also is anti-microbial in nature that prevents bumps from getting infected.
Tea tree oil- Tea tree oil has skin sanitizing properties and also works as an after-shave ingredient. Great for preventing razor-bumps.
Apple cider vinegar- Apple cider vinegar soothes skin and balances skin pH. It is anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial I nature.
RECIPE FOR OVERNIGHT TREATMENT FOR RAZOR BUMPS:
Things you need-
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 3-4 drops tea tree oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
In a bowl, add aloe vera gel and tea tree oil.
Add in apple cider vinegar and mix it well.
Massage it on your skin before bedtime every night. Start using it from the day you shaved until stubs appear/bumps disappear. DIY Coconut Oil Shaving Cream for smoother shave
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.