Oils contain vitamins, minerals, and proteins that are essential for hair growth and repair hair from damage or breakage. There are different ways to add oils to your hair care routine and one of the easiest to use add them to your shampoo. Adding oils to your shampoo leaves your hair moisturized and nourished resulting in healthy hair.
Adding oil to your shampoo –
- Oils are a great source of fatty acids and nutrients. These nutrients improve the overall health of the hair and scalp.
- They also help nourish and condition color treated, permed or swimmer’s hair.
- Combining oil with shampoo will make your hair glossy, softer, and stronger.
- Oils contain vitamin E, fatty acids, and omega-9 fatty acids which makes the hair softer, shiny, and healthy.
Top 5 hair oils for healthy hair –
- Coconut oil works best for all hair types. It acts as a heat protectant, repairs hair damage, helps to prevent hair loss, and also aids in hair growth.
- Olive oil has very rich and moisturizing properties that are so good to treat dry hair.
- Jojoba oil treats dandruff and dry scalp problems, as well as adds shine and softness.
- Castor oil controls hair loss, fights scalp infection and dandruff.
- Argan oil protects your hair from heat and moisturizes it, it will help to repair dry and damaged hair.
Oil In Shampoo
Things You’ll Need:
- Oil – 1 part
- Castile soap or natural shampoo – 4 parts
- Combine oil and shampoo in a bowl and stir well. Pour the mixture into a shampoo bottle.
- Wet your hair and apply the shampoo and massage it thoroughly.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes till the oil gets absorbed into the scalp.
- Rinse the hair properly.
- Repeat the process twice a week for best results.
We all have different hair type, so what works for one person may not necessarily work for another. Try an oil out and if you feel it’s not working for you, then try something else.