Wish to reduce cellulite naturally? It is high time you considered using essential oils for the purpose! While the use of essential oils is not an out-and-out cure for cellulite, it is certainly going to help you a lot, especially when used as bath oils or massage oils. Check out the best known essential oils to help you fight those cellulite deposits effectively:
GRAPEFRUIT ESSENTIAL OIL
Known for its ability to reduce accumulation of fat underneath skin and flush out toxins, this essential oil helps in improving blood circulation and is extremely effective when used in combination with caffeine based topical lotions and creams. You can also combine it with coconut oil for anti-cellulite benefits and massage on cellulite affected areas once daily.
ROSEMARY ESSENTIAL OIL
Rosemary oil helps detoxify your body, combat lymphatic blockage, strengthen the lymphatic system and get rid of excess water content from the body. The oil of this evergreen shrub has skin firming and toning properties that help reduce cellulite, especially when blended with cypress or grapefruit essential oils.
JUNIPER ESSENTIAL OIL
A diuretic by nature, juniper essential oil helps decrease water retention and is often used as an active ingredient in massage oils aimed at reduction of cellulite. The oil of these antioxidant-rich berries and leaves helps detoxify the. Juniper oil blends well with grapefruit essential oil for this purpose.
OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL
Stimulate blood circulation by brushing oregano oil on cellulite-affected areas. Oregano oil blended with lemon oil, basil oil or juniper oil helps get rid of toxins.
CLARY SAGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Clary sage essential oil blends well with citrus essential oils and with patchouli oil to bring about significant reduction in cellulite. Oil of this medicinal herb can be diluted with a carrier oil of your choice and then massaged with semi-circular strokes for the purpose.
CINNAMON BARK ESSENTIAL OIL
This oil works wonders in improving blood circulation and stimulating the lymphatic system. That’s why it works effectively in doing away with toxins and reducing cellulite. Use it with carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil and massage on affected areas for an anti-cellulite therapy. Consider having cinnamon tea for added benefits.
FENNEL ESSENTIAL OIL
Eliminate accumulated waste and reduce water retention by using fennel oil to your advantage. It works amazingly well in breaking fatty deposits, thus reducing cellulite. Add fennel oil to jojoba oil and add a few drops of rosemary oil too. Use it as massage oil twice or thrice every week for optimum results.
- Drink plenty of water to aid faster cellulite reduction.
- Always use carrier oil while preparing an anti-cellulite massage oil blend.
- Integrate the use of essential oils for anti-cellulite treatment into a well-planned out weight loss programme and healthy diet.
- Avoid stepping out in the sun after using grapefruit essential oil as it might bring about UV damage.
- Avoid applying juniper oil or rosemary essential oil on wounded areas and bruises as it might induce bleeding.
- Avoid the use of cinnamon bark essential oil if you are suffering from blood disorders.
- Essential oils are to be used only under your doctor’s advice if you are pregnant. They are best avoided during pregnancy.