Rosemary has carved a niche of its own in the world of hair care for its ability to stimulate the growth of hair and delay premature greying. If you want to grow your hair healthy and strong, it is high time you started using this herb or the oil extracted from it in your regular beauty regimen. Check out the best benefits of using rosemary for hair care.
BENEFITS OF ROSEMARY FOR HAIR
- Rosemary oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that help soothe inflamed and irritated scalp.
- Rosemary has cleansing properties that help unclog hair follicles and treat problems like dandruff and hair fall.
- It improves blood circulation and stimulates the scalp to promote hair growth. Thereby, it helps treat hair thinning.
- It helps prevent premature greying of hair.
- It keeps scalp hydrated and stops flaking.
WAYS TO USE ROSEMARY FOR HEALTHY HAIR
- For hot oil treatment: Deep condition your hair and treat dry scalp by massaging coconut oil or olive oil to which you have added rosemary oil. Mix 4-5 drops of rosemary oil to 2 teaspoons of carrier oil and heat it before application. Massage well and go for a hot towel treatment. Alternately, you may use a shower cap. Wait for half-an-hour so that the nutrients penetrate the hair shafts. Shampoo and wash off with cool water. This treatment can be done twice every week to condition your hair and stimulate hair growth.
- For conditioning: Want to treat dandruff and itchy scalp? Make your homemade rosemary conditioning treatment that will soothe itchiness of scalp, keep flakiness away and make your hair glossy. Steep some dried rosemary leaves in a cup of boiling water. Pour the concoction in a spray bottle and use it on damp hair and scalp. Use this conditioning treatment each time you wash your hair. If you don’t have rosemary leaves readily available, you can use 14-15 drops of rosemary essential oil instead.
- For vinegar mix to prevent build-up: Soak 4 or 5 crushed rosemary sprigs in a cup of apple cider vinegar for about 2 to 3 weeks. Add 2 tablespoons of this rosemary-vinegar mix with a cup of water. Use this mixture as hair rinse post shampoo to help remove build-up and keep hair feeling fresh. Do this treatment once every month.
- Do not use rosemary vinegar mix too frequently, else your hair would become dry.
- Do not use rosemary essential oil treatment if you are pregnant.