If you want luxurious growth of healthy, strong and beautiful hair, try using curry leaves to add spice to your beauty regime! The leaves of curry plant are used as a flavouring agent in many an Indian dish. It has many health benefits too! So, each time you add curry leaves to your dishes and your beauty programme, get ready to reap its varied benefits.
Reasons to use curry leaves in hair care regimen:
Multiples hair care benefits are associated with curry leaves. Some of them are as follows-
- It repairs damaged hair roots by supplying essential nutrients to your hair and scalp.
- Curry leaves are loaded with beta-carotene as well as protein that bring about significant reduction in hair fall.
- Antioxidants contained in curry leaves help revive dead hair follicles, stimulate them and promote hair growth.
- Curry leaves contain Vitamin B which is helpful in restoring the natural colour of your hair. Using curry leaves in hair treatment helps to prevent premature greying of hair and impart radiant texture to your hair.
- Vitamin B6 contained in curry leaves act in an effective way to strengthen the hair shafts.
How to use curry leaves for hair care?
- Hair tonic for promoting hair growth: Boil a handful of curry leaves in a small bowl of coconut oil. Once you find a black residue being formed, turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down. The nutrients contained in curry leaves infuse with the goodness of coconut oil to make a wonderful homemade hair tonic. Apply this tonic on your hair and scalp, wait for about an hour and shampoo as usual. This tonic should be used twice every week and within a month you can see significant change in the texture of your hair. This tonic aids luxurious growth of hair.
- Curry leaves hair mask for shiny hair: Mix a tablespoon of curry leaves paste with three tablespoons of yoghurt. Whip them up into a smooth batter and massage your hair as well as scalp with this hair mask. Leave it on and wash off after 30 minutes. Do it once a week to revive dull hair and get smooth and shiny hair instead.
- Curry leaves hair mask to treat dandruff: Mix ground curry leaves with a bit of boiled milk and use this hair mask to treat dandruff and stop loss of hair. Use this hair mask every alternate day and leave it on for twenty minutes before you wash off with a mild shampoo. Best home remedies to get rid of dandruff >>
- Curry leave premature hair greying treatment: Mix ½ cup olive oil with ½ cup almond oil. Add ½ cup curry leaves to the mixture. Warm them together for about fifteen minutes and then allow it to cool. Filter out the liquid and massage your scalp as well as your hair with this oil. Leave it overnight and shampoo the next day. Do it three times a week. This oil treatment helps to treat premature greying of hair.
- Curry leaves hair mask to attain healthy hair: Take curry leaves powder, shikakai powder and amla powder in equal proportions. Soak them in water and boil them together for about ten minutes. Prepare a smooth paste and apply it on your hair. Wash off after one hour. This mask promotes healthy and strong hair.
- Curry leaves hair rinse: Add ½ cup curry leaves to 2 cups of boiling water. Strain the liquid and allow it to cool down. Use it as the last rinse after you shampoo your hair to add lustre to your hair. It also helps treat frizzy hair.
So, try including curry leaves in your daily diet as well as your hair care routine to reap its beauty benefits. It is absolutely hassle-free to attain beautiful hair with curry leaves, isn’t it?