Turmeric is a very common herb and is also known as a curcuma longa. It contains wide range of antiviral, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, anti inflammatory, anticarcinogenic and antimutagenic properties. It is also loaded with many healthy nutrients and has been used as a powerful anti-inflammatory in Indian medicine. The best way to incorporate lemon in your diet is consuming turmeric lemonade! Below is a recipe:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF TURMERIC:
- Turmeric helps to stimulate the gallbladder as it is helpful in producing the bile. Bile production improves digestion and helps to reduce the symptoms of gas and bloating.
- Given that turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory, it makes sense that it could help with arthritis. Excluding that turmeric has antioxidant properties which helps to destroy free radicals present in body which can damage body cells.
- Turmeric contains substance which is known as lipopolysaccharide that can stimulate the immunity system of our body. A strong immunity system can reduce the chance of suffering from flu, cold and coughs.
- Turmeric is very beneficial in maintaining ideal body weight. Turmeric contains important component which is helpful in increasing the flow of bile and helps to breakdown the dietary fat. If you wish to reduce weight using turmeric or if you want a natural treatment for obesity than add turmeric powder to your diet.
RECIPE FOR TURMERIC LEMONADE:
Things you need-
- 1 cup cold water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch salt
- Honey or sugar a per taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- In a glass or mason jar, add water and lemon juice.
- Add in salt, turmeric and a sweetener as per your taste preferences.
- Stir until everything is well combined and dissolved. Enjoy chilled!