There is no flooring that looks as comfortable or luxurious as a beautiful hardwood floor. It is an investment you certainly want to protect. Here are several different recipes for mixing up your own cleaners for hardwood flooring. You only need some simple natural ingredients for the work to be done!
HARDWOOD FLOOR CLEANING USING DIY CLEANERS: First and foremost, sweep or vacuum surface to remove as much dust and dirt as possible.
Directions: You need a mop to wipe the floor using one of the below mentioned recipes. The solution/mixture can either be sprinkled on the mob or directly on the surface. Remember, DO NOT pool the liquid on hardwood flooring as it may cause spotting or warping of the surface. Mix 1 galloon warm water with your choice of the ingredients below:
- Mixture 1: ¼ cup vinegar+ 1 TBS castile soap
- Mixture 2: 1 cup white household vinegar
- Mixture 3: ¼ cup borax+ ½ teaspoon mild dish detergent
- Mixture 4: 1 cup vinegar+ 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Mixture 5: 1/8 cup mild liquid dish soap+ ½ cup vinegar
- Mixture 6: 1 TBS liquid castile soap+ 1/8 cup vinegar+ ¼ cup brewed black tea
SOME IMPORTANT TIPS AND DIY RECIPES:
REMOVING SCURF MARKS:
- Fill a spray bottle with 50/50 vinegar+ water+ 15 drops of essential oil
- Sprinkle the scurf with baking soda and spray this mixture on it. let it fizz for some time.
- Scrub mars until tey are removed and dry with a soft paper towel.
DIY FLOOR POLISH: Wash the surface as usual and dry thoroughly. Apply the below mentioned polishes (mixtures) to the surface and wipe dry using cotton towel.
- Mixture 1: 1 TBS olive oil+ 1 TBS lemon juice. Mix these ingredients and apply on dry clean mob. Treat your floors with this wonderful polish!
- Mixture 2: ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil+ 2 TBS apple cider vinegar+ 3 TBS vodka. This mixture can be applied on clean dry mod and used to polish the hardwoos surface.
- Rub a crayon that is the same colour as that of the flooring into the scratch.
- To seal in place, heat with a hair drier to soften the wax, allow to cool for sometime and scrape the excess off gently.
Follow these basic recipes using natural ingredients and easy tips for clean shiny hardwood floors that stand the test of time for years to come!