Parathas are absolute favourite for we, Indians as a breakfast dish and stuffed parathas add nutrition values to it. One of my personal favourite is parathas stuffed with soft paneer. Paneer is also nutritious and add food values to parathas. So today I am sharing the easy steps of making paneer parathas.
- Paneer (cottage cheese) – grated 1 cup. Learn how to make paneer at home >>
- Wheat Flour – 1-2 cups for the dough
- Finely chopped onion – 1 big
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 pinch
- Coriander leaves – chopped
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Chilli paste / red chilli powder as required
- Salt as required
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp (optional)
- Sugar – very little to balance the taste
You can also add in some smashed potatoes but I have skipped potatoes here.
Add 1-2 cups of whole wheat flour, a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp of ghee or oil to a mixing bowl. Pour about 1/4 cup water first. Mix and knead the dough. Add in more water if required. Keep the bowl aside to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now take a big bowl and add grated cottage cheese to it.
- Add finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste to the cheese.
- Add chilli paste or else you can add a pinch of red chilli powder. I have used red chilli powder.
- Add garam masala and chaat masala. Chaat masala adds that extra flavour to it.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves to the bowl.
- Add a pinch of turmeric for a nice color.
- Add salt to the mixture and some crystals of sugar.
- Mix the ingredients well and then make some moderate sized ball out of it. The stuffing is now ready.
- Take the dough that was kept aside and make a small ball from the dough and roll the ball to a small circle.
- Add the stuffed paneer ball in between the dough. Seal the dough all over the stuffed paneer ball properly and then roll it out carefully to make a paratha.
- Place a tawa (frying pan) on the burner and when it is heated enough, place the paratha on it. Bake it for some time on both the side and then add butter. When it turns golden brown on both the sides, place it on a serving plate.
- Now your stuffed paneer paratha is ready, and can be served with different types of chutneys and gravies.