Hello girls! We are generally accustomed with making grilled dishes in microwave oven. I also have made this dish in microwave oven earlier but this time I tried without microwave oven and believe me there is no such difference in taste and texture if you do it with a little care! In restaurants, they do it using tandoor oven but if you lack tandoor oven, don’t worry. Here’s a simple recipe you can follow to make paneer tikka in a pan:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marination: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes
- Paneer (cottage cheese) – 15-16 cubes. Homemade paneer recipe >>
- Capsicum – cut into cubes
- Onion – cut into dices
- Tomato – cut into cubes
- Yogurt – 4-5 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala powder or dried mango powder – 1 tsp (I have used chaat masala powder)
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- A little butter
- You can sprinkle oregano for extra taste
- In a big bowl, take yogurt and then add red chilli powder, chaat masala powder, ginger garlic paste (I have used the juice of the paste to avoid roughness), turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice to it.
- You can sprinkle some oregano to it as well.
- Mix well and then add the onion cubes to it, then add capsicums and tomato slices
- Mix the paste thoroughly to coat the onion, tomato and capsicum.
- Then add the cottage cheese cubes carefully and mix them with very light hands to prevent breaking the pieces.
- Now keep the mixture for at least 15 minutes to marinate.
- After that, take some skewer and add paneer cube, onion slice, tomato and capsicum one by one (refer pictures).
- Heat some oil on the grill pan (specially designed pan with textured surface) or even a normal frying pan can do the job quite well.
- Add some butter to it for added taste and let it melt.
- Place the skewers into it, keeping the pan on a moderate flame.
- Cook from every side and for best result you can cover the pan for some time.
- When the paneer starts to turn golden brown, turn off the flame and your paneer tikka is ready to serve!