Stinky feet can be embarrassing and unpleasant for you and people around you. Foot odor is caused by bacteria on the skin that reacts with the sweat secreted through glands in the feet. Instead of being ashamed of smelly feet, use these home remedies to rid of foot odor and keep your feet fresh and moisture-free.
Lemon foot scrub:
this is the easiest and cheapest remedy. Lemon has its own property of removing odor.You just need to take a fresh lemon and cut it into 2 halves. Then rub all the juices on your feet then leave for 15 minutes and wash.
Baking soda foot wash:
Baking soda contains properties that decreases the growth of bacteria. In order to get rid of foot odor, you need to follow some steps. You can also deodorize smelly, stinky shoes by sprinkling 1 or 2 teaspoons baking soda inside to absorb moisture and hide odors.
- Take a cup of warm water and mix 1 tbsp of baking soda in it.
- Wash your feet with this baking soda solution and then let them dry.
Vinegar foot soak:
you might not feel like soaking your feet in vinegar. But it works really well against the bacteria. It creates an acidic environment which prohibits the growth of bacteria and kills the existing ones.
- Take a foot basin filled with water and add a half cup of vinegar in it.
- Submerge your feet in this solution and soak them for 15 minutes.
- Dry your feet and moisturize using a lotion or coconut oil.
Lavender oil foot soak:
lavender oil not only has good smell, also it has some anti-fungal properties.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil in temperate water.
- Soak your feet in this for 15 minutes.
- Do this before going to bed for a calming sleep.
Ginger foot soak:
ginger roots are really helpful in removing toxins.
- Take a medium sized ginger root and submerge it into a hot cup of water and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Then filter this solution. Use the filtered solution for massaging your feet.
Hand sanitizer: it may sound weird but using hand sanitizers on your feet can instantly remove the odor and stop the bacterial growth. Every time you wear your shoes, rub a small amount of sanitizer on your feet.