Say the most popular Indian summer beverage and the first name that comes in our mind is ‘nimbu pani’. Isn’t it? Though the market is flooded with varieties of cold drinks and other refreshing beverages, nothing can be as simple and as revitalizing as the desi version of lemonade. And what happens when you give it a spicy touch? You get the best summer drink ever. Here is the spicy Indian lemonade recipe for you.
- You may want to avoid using sugar for weight or other health issues. In such case, using powdered jaggery can also be used.
- To make your spicy lemonade a bit healthy, add chia or sabja seeds to it. All you need to do is soak a handful of basil seeds in (3/4) cup of water, drain them after 30 minutes and then, put them in the water.
- Increase or decrease the amounts of spices as per your taste.
- If Kaffir lime is available in your area, make use of it for garnishing your spicy lemonade.
RECIPE FOR INDIAN SPICY LEMONADE:
- Lemon / lime – 2 large
- Water – 2 cups
- mint powder- 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger powder – (1 Tbsp)
- Rock salt / black salt – 1 teaspoon / according to taste
- Sugar – as per taste