Spanish omlette is a classic dish that is made worldwide. It has many ways of making it but basically Spanish omlette is made with egg along with potatoes and fried in vegetable oil.
Spanish omlette is very filling and easy to make too. So it can be a great choice if you are looking for an easy recipe to fill your tummy. Spanish omlette is filled with nutrition as it contains eggs, vegetables etc and since we will be using olive oil for preparation, it is very health too.
This recipe finds its origin in Spain and it is called as Tortilla Española. Today this dish is made all over the world in different ways by adding more ingredients along with the basic ingredients. Spanish omlette can be served as a main course, thanks to the richness of ingredients in the omlette. It is also a popular breakfast dish in many parts of the world. Today I am making this recipe keeping the basic ingredients intact but adding different capsicums along just to make it more tasty and colorful. Hope you will enjoy eating it as much as I did.
- Eggs- 4
- Bell peppers ( red, green)- 1
- Pepper-1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- as per taste
- First of all peel the potatoes and grate it. You can also slice the potatoes into thin slices. Boiled potatoes are best to be used, if not you will have to fry the potatoes more.
- Cut the bell peppers into small pieces.
- Take a pan and heat it.
- Pour olive oil around 2 teaspoons, when the oil heats up, put onions and fry it till it turns golden brown.
- Then add grated boiled potato, capsicum and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper at this point. Keep the pan covered and let the vegetables cook well for 5 minutes. If you are adding raw potatoes then you will need to cook it for 20 minutes.
- Next beat the eggs separately and add salt and pepper into it and beat again.
- Once the vegetables are cooked and ready, add the egg into the pan. Maintain the flame on medium and allow it to cook.
- When one side is cooked, then flip it over and let the other side cook.
- Once it is cooked, transfer the egg into a plate. Serve immediately.
- To make the omlette fluffier, beat the eggs very well.
- To make the omlette tastier grate cheese and add it on top of the omlette.
- You can also add tomato to the omlette.
- Another option is to grill the omlette. This will help in faster cooking.
- To get rounded edge and cushion form gently draw the edge to the omlette while the omlette cooks.