We all desire beautiful skin and brighter skin looks the healthiest! Brightening and whitening isn’t the same though; brightening is the natural glow your skin gives with just a bit of highlighted skin tone. There are a lot of skin brightening products but I believe chemical laden products make skin dull overtime even though they may give temporary good results. Lemon has amazing skin beautifying benefits. Below is how you make lemon tonic along with ways to use it for skin brightening and its benefits:
- Lemons contain citric acid that shrinks and tightens pores, treats acne and pimples, brighten and lighten skin, fades dark spots, blemish and scars More: Lemon facial masks >>
- It also is rich in vitamin C that promotes skin elasticity.
- Lemon not only brightens skin but also adds a healthy glow to it with regular usage.
- Lemon is anti bacterial and anti fungal that helps skin get rid of or prevent microbial infections. It also lightens skin and prevents/heals blemishes.
- Lemon also has natural bleaching effects that makes skin one tone brighter.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON TONIC:
- For normal, dry and oily skin: In a bowl, take 1 cup water and to it, add 1 teaspoon of lemon peel powder. Boil it and strain. After cooling down, add in 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix the solution well and store it in a bottle or jar.
- For sensitive skin: In a bowl, take 2 tablespoons of rolled oats or oat meal and add in 1 cup of water. Let it soak for good 1 hour. Add the mixture with water in a muslin cloth and squeeze to extract all the water. Now, add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice t this and mix well. Mix the solution well and store it in a bottle or jar.
HOW TO USE LEMON TONIC FOR SKIN BRIGHTENING:
Mist: Combine together ½ cup of lemon tonic and ½ cup of filtered water. Use this as a face mist throughout the day. Make a fresh batch every 2 days and store in fridge.
Face masks: this lemon tonic can be used to make any DIY facial masks in place of water.
Facial essence: Boil the lemon tonic until it is reduced t half its quantity. Let it cool and store it in a bottle or jar. Use this as a facial essence- pat on face before bedtime.