Hair fall, hair loss and hair breakage are common signs of hair damage and if you are experiencing this very often, it’s high time you need to do something about it! There are a lot of commercial treatments for these common hair problems but natural ingredients always work the best, especially when we talk about sea salt. Sea salt is a natural skin and hair beautifying ingredient and it can go a long way in treating hair issues like hair loss and hair breakage. Below is how you could use sea salt in your hair care routine to help with this issue along with its benefits:
- Sea salt contains sulphur and many other essential minerals in pure form which is extremely helpful for treating hair fall and hair loss.
- Sea salt reduces scalp acne, dandruff and unclogs hair follicles.
- It also helps balance scalp pH and sebum secretion.
- Sea salt is a natural scalp and hair detoxifying agent.
- Sea salt also is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal.
READ MORE – DIY: ONION EYEBROW GROWTH SERUM
WAYS TO USE SEA SALT IN HAIR CARE ROUTINE:
In shampoo- In a mixing bowl, add fine sea salt powder (if you have sea salt flakes, simply grind it and add in castile soap or any shampoo. Mix it gently and use it as a regular shampoo.
Scalp spray- In a mixing bowl, pour 1 cup water and add in 3-4 tablespoons of sea salt. Add in any essential oil of your choice and mix well (lavender oil or tea tree oil if you have dandruff). Pour the solution in a spray bottle and spray it all over your scalp 30 minutes before hair wash.
READ MORE – BEAUTY DIY: EYEBROW GROWTH SERUM USING ALOE VERA
Overnight scalp treatment- In a bowl, mix together some water and sea salt to make a sea salt solution. Add this in aloe vera gel and mix well. Apply the mixture on your scalp and hair and let it work overnight. If you have dry hair and scalp, also add in some coconut oil.