Do you suffer from oily scalp, sticky dandruff and weighed-down hair? Then you probably have product build up on the scalp and hair. Using too much hair products or not washing hair often can often leave behind residues which build up with time. Product buildup can clog hair follicles, make hair and scalp oily and also stunt hair growth. It is necessary to clarify your scalp and hair once every week or between washes to ensure that your scalp and hair remains clean and unclogged. There are a lot of clarifying scalp and hair treatments and products but nothing works better than baking soda! Below is how you could use baking soda to remove product buildup from hair along with its benefits: More: Homemade natural hair clarifiers >>
- Baking soda is a natural exfoliant that removes dead skin cells and clarifies scalp.
- It also unclogs hair follicles, thus preventing scalp acne, excess oil build up and stimulates hair growth.
- Excess product build up causes dandruff. Baking soda eradicates dandruff effectively and balances scalp pH.
- Baking soda effectively soaks up excess sebum, yet keeping your scalp and hair moisturized.
- Baking soda makes a great scalp exfoliator which also stimulates blood circulation.
- Regularly using baking soda reduces dryness & itchiness of scalp and maintains the natural balance of scalp.
WAYS TO USE BAKING SODA TO REMOVE PRODUCT BUILD UP FROM SCALP AND HAIR:
Scalp scrub: In a bowl, combine together equal quantities of baking soda and melted raw coconut oil. Mix it well and use it to scrub your scalp and hair. Do this right before shampooing your hair.
Scalp and hair mask: In a bowl, take ½ cup of organic aloe vera gel and add in 4 tablespoons of baking soda. Mix it all well and apply on scalp and hair. Massage your scalp and hair gently and let it sit for 30 minutes. Shampoo it off and let your hair air dry.