Summer is here! And so is watermelon. So, how can we not think about some chilled, refreshing watermelon smoothie, when the sun is getting hotter day by day? Let’s do it. Today, I’m going to give you a yummy watermelon-yogurt smoothie recipe with a beautiful flavor of ginger. Do try it by yourself and make your summer days totally enjoyable:
- Make sure that the watermelon you pick is a red and juicy one. It should be also be perfectly sweet.
- Ginger adds a beautiful flavor to this smoothie. However, if you wish, you can skip this.
- You can either blend the ice cubes with all other ingredients or simply serve the smoothie with crushed ice.
- If you want your watermelon-yogurt smoothie to be of more medicinal benefits, add some herbs of your preference to it.
- Watermelon – 3 large cups
- Plain yogurt – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger – one piece of 2”
- Ice Cube – 3 to 4
- Cut the watermelon into four large pieces. Discard the outer skin and make small cubes or triangles of each of them. Do not forget to remove the seeds completely.
- Peel the ginger root off and rate it nicely with a manual grater.
- Now, put the watermelon pieces, grated ginger, plain yogurt, sugar and ice cubes together inside a blender or a mixer grinder.
- Blend well so that you get a beautiful peach-colored mixture. The consistency of the drink should be to the thinner side.
- Pour your smoothie into a tall serving glass and serve immediately.