The secret of healthy and beautiful hair is a clean and healthy scalp. There are lots of clarifying shampoos available in the market that can give you perfectly cleanse scalp and tresses. But what if we do not want to treat our locks with harmful chemicals? Well, mud wash can be a natural alternative to those synthetic scalp cleansing products. Here is how to prepare it at your home and what good it can do to your scalp:
How to Give Yourself a Mud Wash at Home: What You Will Require:
- Bentonite clay powder – 10 teaspoons
- Norwegian sea kelp – 2 teaspoons
- Irish moss powder – 4 teaspoons
- Fresh and pure aloe vera gel – 3 medium-sized cups
- Grapeseed oil – 4 teaspoons
- Comfrey leaf – 2 teaspoons
What You Need To Do:
- Put the fresh aloe vera gel in the saucepan and place it over medium-high flame. It will turn into liquid aloe vera juice within 4 to 5 minutes.
- Allow the liquid aloe juice to boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the comfrey leaves to the boiled juice and let them get soaked in it completely. It will take around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now, remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the concoction into the mixing bowl by using the strainer.
- Add all other ingredients, such as Bentonite clay powder, Norwegian sea kelp, Irish moss powder and grapeseed oil to the aloe-comfrey mixture.
- Combine everything well with the help of the spoon. The mixture will have a mud-like texture and very thin consistency.
- Pour it into the squeezing bottle. Your homemade mud wash is ready to use.
What Are The Benefits of Mud Wash? The best thing about mud wash is that it can give us a problem-free, healthy scalp naturally. If you are tired of an itchy and inflamed scalp caused by dandruff, excess oil or sebum secretion, product residues, environmental pollution, etc., this can be your perfect rescuer. Let us have a look at the benefits of each of the ingredients used in this homemade mud wash:
- Bentonite Clay Powder: It plays a crucial role in scalp cleansing. The overall health of our hair is improved a lot by this ingredient as it keeps the hair follicles healthy. It also makes our tresses smoother. But the best thing about this powder is that it does not rip out the natural moisture of our scalp.
- Norwegian Sea Kelp: This kelp is widely known for its high mineral content. It contains huge amounts of zinc, calcium, magnesium, potassium, selenium, etc. along with another important nutrient vitamin C. All these contribute to the health of our scalp and hair, while zinc puts a stop to frequent hair fall.
- Irish Moss Powder: Being a very rich source of vital nutrients, such as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, potassium, sulfur, and so on, this ingredient can nourish our hair shafts efficiently. As a result, our hair follicles become healthier and our hair strands turn smoother.
- Aloe Vera Gel: It is an amazing humectant that restores the lost moisture content of our hair and conditions it properly. Aloe also helps in bringing the pH balance of our locks back.
- Grapeseed Oil: It is one of the best natural antioxidants you can use on your hair. According to experts, this oil is loaded with vitamin E, which makes curls softer and healthier.
- Comfrey Leaf: This leaf works as a highly effective natural astringent, which keeps itchiness at bay and gives the scalp a soothing sensation. It also strengthens the hair shafts from inside and promotes the overall health of our tresses.
So, give this mud wash a try to take great care of your scalp and you will eventually get beautiful, gorgeous locks.