Smooth and silky hair is a sign that your hair is healthy and in top condition. Factors like pollution, dry weather, excessive heat treatments etc. can take away the shine and health from your hair making them dull and frizzy. Grapeseed oil is a well known skin and hair beautifier and below is how you could use it to moisturize and deep condition your hair:
- Grape seed oil seeps deep into the scalp and nourishes hair follicles. This makes your hair stronger and reduces hair fall.
- Grape seed oil moisturizes your hair and helps restore hair texture. This also keeps split ends at bay.
- This oil adds a boost of moisture and hydration to your hair and scalp and adds a healthy shine to your hair. More: Top 10 oils for healthy hair >>
WAYS TO USE GRAPE SEED OIL TO MOISTURIZE AND CONDITION YOUR HAIR:
Grape seed oil and lavender essential oil- Mix 4 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and 1 tablespoon of lavender essential oil. Stir the ingredients well. Now heat the mixture until it is warm (make sure the oil is heated until it is lukewarm, do not make it hot or the essential oil will lose its benefits). Meanwhile, rinse your hair with regular shampoo. Later massage with the oil on your scalp from root to tips of the hair. Leave it for 20 minutes to absorb the oil completely on the scalp. After 20 minutes wash your hair with warm water followed by cold water. Do not comb your hair immediately after washing your hair. Allow it to dry. Do this twice a week.
Grape seed and egg mask- In a bowl, break 1 egg and add in juice of 1 lemon and 2 teaspoons of grape seed oil. Mix it well and apply on dry hair and scalp. Let it sit for good 2-3 hours before you wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with a carrier oil.