Lavender essential oil is extremely popular for its refreshing and sweet aroma. Lavender has relaxation inducing properties that soothe the senses. While it is extensively used as a sleeping aid and potpourri, this essential oil has multiple uses in the world of hair care and skin care. Did you know that you could make your hair smell amazing with lavender essential oil? It is perhaps one of the best natural perfumes for your hair! Keep reading to know how you can use it on your hair!
- Lavender essential oil, extracted through steam distillation from the flowers of lavender plant, has a revitalizing flowery fragrance.
- It has anti-microbial properties that help disinfect hair and scalp naturally. It is also effective on lice and nits.
- Lavender essential oil adds a nice healthy shine to your hair, reduces frizz and de-tangles your hair.
WAYS TO USE LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL TO MAKE HAIR SMELL AMAZING
- Add a few drops to your comb/ hair brush: One of the easiest ways of using lavender essential oil on your tresses for the sake of fragrance is to add 3 to 4 drops of the aromatic oil to your comb or hair brush. Brush your hair as usual. In the process, the essential oil will be spread evenly through the hair shafts and your hair would smell wonderful!
- Add a few drops to your shampoo: Well, to ensure your hair reaps the best benefits that lavender oil has to offer, you can add a few drops to your favourite shampoo just before you apply it on hair. A lingering fragrance is what you gain!
- Use for an aromatic hair spray: In 50 ml water, add 18 to 20drops of lavender essential oil. Pour the mixture in a spray bottle and shake the bottle thoroughly. Spray your homemade natural lavender hair spray after washing your hair or on dry hair to smell lovely. Use as and when required!
- A patch test is highly recommended. Apply lavender essential oil on your elbow or inner wrist to see if you are allergic. In case you experience redness, itching or rashes, wash off immediately and refrain from using it for your hair.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby, stay away. In that case, you may use lavender essential oil only after your doctor agrees.