Well, I am here with the review of one of the most raved product of this year! Thankfully Maybelline has launched it in India and it’s always better late than never. When I heard about the launch, I knew I have to buy this. I am fan of such nude colours and it is difficult in India to get 12 nude shades at one place! So here we go with the review without so many intro!
Packaging- Yes! I know it doesn’t contain neither an attached mirror nor a good applicator. But there is no issues with the case or the lid as it locks the box well until you drop it to the floor form your hand! But it would look classier if it has got an outer paper box! All the details are written on the back of the box and the lid is transparent so one can easily see the colors through it.
Texture, pigmentation and shades– Maybelline the nudes palette contains some shimmers as well as some matte shade. The texture of the shadows are quite soft and blendable. Matte shades are less pigmented compared to the shimmer ones and also the shimmer shades have negligible fall out. Shimmers shades are also very easy to blend and the matte shades take time to get blended well. I didn’t used any eye primer in the eye swatch to show you the exact finish and the shadows stayed on my lids for around 5 hours without any major creasing which is not that bad.
The palette contains good mixture of neutral shades which are equally good for daily uses. But you can create shimmery looks for parties too with this palette. Fist quad contains totally earthy toned neutral shades which are very much usable for office make up as well. The lower right shade of this quad is not that pigmented and it is one matte shade in the first quad.
Definitely the second quad is my favorite as it contains the most gorgeous shades of this palette. The upper left shade of this quad is not that pigmented and this one is matte also but the others are really nice and gives a stunning look!
The last quad contain shades could be used to create Smokey eyes! Only the lower left of this quad is shimmer and other three are matte shades. Though they contain very minute shimmers but they are not at all visible when blended so basically they are mattes! The only black shade in this palette is not at all pigmented and doesn’t give that desired smoky eye.
- Very reasonable as you get 12 shades in one place and cheaper than those pricey monos!
- Good for beginners
- Shimmer shades are well pigmented and give nice finish on the lids
- Could be used for day time as well as for night parties
- This is absolutely must have for those who want soft neutral look and shy about bold shadows
- You can always mix n match colors to create your own look
- Doesn’t give that much fall out
- Stays for quite a long time
- Suitable for every skin tone
- The applicator is not good but which one provides better?
- Doesn’t contain mirror but that is not a big issue though
- Matte shades are not up to the mark
- The black shade is not at all pigmented so better you should buy one pigmented black monos along with the palette to get that desired smoky look.
Price- 899 INR for 9.6 g
Recommendation– If you are a big fan of neutral eyes, definitely give it a shot as it is not that easy to get such shade collection in one place in India! Palettes are my all-time favorite as they give a place to mix n match for creating a look! This palette has some flaws but overall this is good for daily uses as well as for parties. So it’s a multi-purpose palette that too in an affordable range!