Acne, mild or severe is a common problem thanks to factors like hormonal imbalance, genetics, improper skin care, poor diet, sun exposure and aging etc. There are plenty of products available in the market that promise results but seldom work. Natural remedies are always the best option and they have negligible/no side effects! Essential oils are the purest forms of ingredients and are very potent; they have great effects when used correctly. Below is how you could use lemon essential oil for acne along with its benefits:
- Lemon essential oil helps to control oil production and minimize breakouts. Helps regenerate skin cells, smoothing fine lines and improve skin elasticity.
- Lemon essential oil is one of the best oil to treat acne prone skin. It contains antibacterial properties which help to wave off the acne causing bacteria. More: Essential oils for skin >>
- Lemon essential oil can do wonders for your skin, it will make your skin feel smoother, absorb excess oil and reduce fine lines.
- Lemon essential oil helps to fight acne. It is great for oily skin as it is a natural astringent that does not dry the skin too. More: Cure pimples with oil >>
WAYS TO USE LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL FOR ACNE:
In a bowl add 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and add in 6-7 drops of lemon essential oil. Store it in an amber bottle. Use it as a spot treatment before bedtime on cleansed face. Simply apply the oil using Q-tip on acne and wash off in the morning.
Take some jojoba oil and add a few drops of lemon essential oil in it and then mix it well. For application warm up the mixture a bit and apply on the skin, massage it for few minutes with light hands and wash it off.
- If you have sensitive skin and are allergic to any essential oils or if you are pregnant, consult your doctor before using any essential oils on skin.
- Always patch test before use.