Some people are blessed with clear skin while some are not that fortunate; thanks to acne, blemishes, white heads, black heads and what not! Such skin problems usually acne and blemishes leave behind nasty looking scars called as acne scars that can either be mild or severe. There are a lot of treatments you can do at salons or skin clinics but natural remedies are always cheap and most importantly, they are effective! Below is how you could use lemon to remove acne scars along with benefits:
- Lemon works as a natural emollient to help repair damaged skin and promote growth of healthy skin.
- The vitamin C in lemons accelerates the healing time and prevents new scars from forming.
- Lemons have healing properties that can help treat scars of all types.
- Lemon can remove dead skin cells, promote the growth of new skin cells and improve skin elasticity. More: Lemon for backne scars >>
- Lemon juice is an excellent skin lightening agent. It is the acid in lemon juice that helps brighten your skin and make the scars less visible.
WAYS TO USE LEMON FOR ACNE SCARS:
Toner: In a bowl, add ½ cup water, 1 tablespoon mint leaf juice and 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed out lemon juice. Mix it well and fill in a bottle. Use it a regular toner.
Spot treatment: In a bowl, add in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of raw organic honey. Mix it well and use it as a spot treatment on both acne and scars before bedtime.
Mask: Combine together 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 3 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Now, add in little yogurt for consistency. Apply on face and keep it for 30 minutes. Wash ff. do this 3 times a week.
Caution: If you have sensitive skin, patch test before using lemon directly.