Glitter nails have ruled 2014 and in 2015 the trend has not ceased, in fact it is getting bigger and better with every passing day. Glitter nail polish has stepped up its game by introducing in gel form too, which means longevity and better finishing of your nail polish assured. While you enjoy showing off your sexy nails to the world, the real deal in the background is taking the nail polish off your nails, I say. The glitter nail polish is sexy to look but removal is not a child’s play as we all know. Even if a nail polish remover helps to remove the glitter polish, there is always some last bit or glitter traces left out that will make your nails look all the more dirty.
So today let’s learn how we can remove even the last trace of glitter nail polish easily. We will start with the ingredients that are required for this process.
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton ball
- Aluminium foil Or
- Elastic band
- Take the cotton ball and dip it in the nail polish remover. You would want to soak it up completely as you already know we are going to deal with some super strong nail polish. If you do not have nail polish remover, you can always use acetone instead.
- Next cut the aluminium paper into small pieces, just enough to make them small cover or an armour like thing for all nails that you intend to do this clean up. Alternatively you can go for thin elastic bands to hold the cotton.
- Place the soaked cotton ball on your nails and secure it with the aluminium nail cover or with the thin elastic band, whichever suits you. If you are using a rubber band or an elastic band, make sure it is tied just firmly, not too tight or loose.
- Let the cotton ball rest on the nails for a few minutes; remember they have to remove the stubborn glitters completely so give them that time. The glitters are made of some large particles that literally get stuck to the nails and do take more time to come off so let them sit for 3-4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, undo the aluminium foil or the rubber bands. Then remove the cotton ball by swiping it across your nails. Surprise, surprise!! All the glitter is gone forever from your nails. Isn’t that awesome?
- If there still is some tiny little glitter on your nails, especially in the corners where the cotton ball has probably not reached. Then just take another cotton ball with some nail polish remover on, and swipe it across the nails and that last traces will also be removed forever.
This method is super easy way to get absolutely clean nails and remove glitter nail polish completely. If you ask me how is it different from the regular nail polish remover wiping, then if you remember sometimes even after cleaning with remover, you may find that your nails are stained still. Well, this method will guarantee you a super clean nails with no stains. So do try this awesome idea and let me know how it worked or do let us know your way of removing glitter nail polish.