‘Chicken pakora’ – the name itself is enough to make us salivate. Don’t you think so? How about learning the recipe of this hot and crisp starter today?
- Usually, it is made with boneless chicken. You can also go for chicken with bones as per your preference.
- Cook the pakoras in small batches and make sure that they are fried perfectly on all sides.
- Chicken – 200 gms
- Onion – 1 large
- Ginger – 1”
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Green chili – 2
- Gram flour – (1/2) cup
- Cornflour – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh coriander leaves – (1/2) cup
- Turmeric powder – (1/2) teaspoon
- Kashmiri mirch powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – (1/2) teaspoon
- Salt – 1 tablespoon or according to taste
- Mustard oil – 1 small bowl
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces and all other raw ingredients under running water.
- Cut the chicken into long thin pieces i.e. ‘slivers’ or simply make small bite-sized cubes of them. Drain excess water by placing them in a colander.
- Chop up the onion finely and grate the ginger root as well as the garlic cloves manually.
- Shred the coriander leaves by removing the hard portions from the stems.
- Mince the green chilies and deseed them too.
- Now, take the chicken slivers in a medium-sized mixing bowl and add onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies to it.
- Also, put besan. Cornflour, turmeric powder, Kashmiri mirch powder, garam masala powder and salt in the bowl one by one.
- Combine all the ingredients very well and place the bowl aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour mustard oil in a frying pan and let it heat up.
- Make small balls of the marinated chicken-mixture and deep-fry them in the hot oil.
- Garnish the golden-brown pakoras with fresh coriander twigs and serve hot with red or green chutney.